The West Michigan Mountain Biking Alliance (WMMBA) is a 501(C)(3) charitable non-profit corporation.
With over 400 members in West Michigan, the mission of the WMMBA is to promote responsible mountain biking and to work toward the goals of common land access and natural resource protection through interaction with policy makers, the cycling industry, race promoters, mountain bikers and other trail users. Our membership represents all levels of riders, from beginners to world champion racers. Our common passion for trail riding and stewardship brings us together as a collective voice.
DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN TRAILS
With the help of our Trail Coordinators, our volunteers design, develop, and maintain trails throughout West Michigan, working with every major recreation land manager. Within West Michigan alone, the WMMBA has designed, developed and maintained over 100 miles of off-road cycling trails.
Our trail design volunteers are trained by IMBA (International Mountain Biking Association) using standards developed by the National Park Service and U.S. Forest Service. Volunteers perform trail design, development, and maintenance. They use the natural features of the land, are sustainable, and minimize any effects on the nearby environment, including trees. The benefit to these types of trails are they are designed to require minimal maintenance.
PROMOTE PROPER TRAIL USE
Our goal is to educate all users on environmentally sound and socially responsible trail use and etiquette.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Lydia Fotis-Sweetman – President firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doug Huyser – Treasurer
- Aaron Smith- Legal Counsel
- Nate Phelps – Director
- Kevin Allen – Director
- Jill Martindale- Director
- Brian Zajac – Director
- Doug Kyle – Director
- Nicholas Afton – Director
- Mark VanTongeren – Director
- Erika Kuhnle – Director
- Head Trail Coordinator – Ben LaDuke
- Cannon Township Trail – Mike Cramer
- Cannonsburg Ski Area – Todd Rillema
- Cannonsburg Skills Area – Brian Zajac
- Cannonsburg State Game Area – Andy Bix
- GR Bike Park – Brian Swem
- Ionia- George Trowbridge
- Ken-O-Sha – COORDINATOR NEEDED!
- Luton Park – Rick Plite
- Merrell Trail – Scott TenCate
- Richmond Park- Nate Phelps
- Wahlfield Park Trail – Bill Parker
- Yankee Springs/Deep Lake – Tom Bestrom
- Hammond Hills – Tim Curtis